Norway no Mori

Heyya..Me blogs againn..ehehehe...

Lately I just finished my latest book, Norwegian Wood by my favorite writer, Haruki Murakami..!
That's the book. It's the inexpensive version one..so the cover is quite..ermm... how should I say this...buruk? nyahahahahaha...
Murakami Haruki writes lot of memorable books. I remember my first copy of his  masterpieces, Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman (it's an anthology of short stories that I grew to love..!) N I especially love Kafka on the Shore!!
This is the kind of book cover that I choose whenever my wallet is full. Uhuhuhu.

Oh..coming back to the title. Norwegian Wood is basically the English title translated by Jay Rubin for Murakami's Norway no Mori...Love the character. Love the writing. One may say it's pretty much like another love story but no- they are no such thing as another love story when you talk about Murakami-sensei!

BTW, the recent addition about this novel is that it will be released into full-length movie this December starring Matsuyama Ken'ichi...Hank your hats, ladiess!! woooohoooo!! Matsuyama as the naive, lovable Watanabe Toru...omigaah..I couldn't ask for anyone else. Good casting! Naoko (the initial heroine) is played by Kikuchi Rinko (remember Babel?) and Midori by Mizuhara Keiko (urmmm..neva heard of her..yet). Adding the icing on top of the cake is The Beatles. Yep! THE Beatles! Apparently, The Beatles's amazing sitar-influenced track Norwegian Wood is chosen as the main OST accompanying the movie!
It's a rare treat since the songs by The Beatles is managed by Apple Records who stand by the stance that they did not wish to utilize any songs under their belt for commercial purposes...
BUT!
Norway no Mori is sucha novel which garnered amazing media attention- sold in Japan for more than 10 million copies and had been translated into 36 languages!
So Apple Records consented!
EPIC!

Love the cast. Love the song. Love the novel.
I wanna love the movie!!!

Oh..btw they were nominated in Venice Film Festival!



I'm soo rooting for them!!



Comments

Popular Posts