毎日日本!「5」

みなさん、こんばんは。
5th post. (You guys knew that already! I dont have to repeat the same thing!) haha.
Nampaknye saye menakutkan agak ramai rakan pada post "previous" saye. Jangan risau2, Ament.takde pepe. normal2 saje. PMS mungkin. jadi saya mengarut cam babun.

Alrite^^ time for details of my Karuizawa trip.
We went to BGU's main gate at about 12.45 pm to wait for d bus (or, should I say discovered that the bus had already waited for us?) haha. Japanese time punctuality freaks me out.

N there I was, sitting next to Alex and we talked about our lives, experiences and abilities (you guys knew how boring I am...) till Alex decided to read his Setting Sun book (reading material assigned by Cantor-sensei) and I slept like a log next to him. haha.
The journey was pretty much gruesome (not really, but I experiences some motion-sickness-on-the-go) It's a 3-hour ride from Tokyo to Karuizawa, mind you.


with (L-R) Joe n Alex at the highway stop. 




Trees. Hills.
The view that is pretty much seen along the road during the journey.haha




Ok, I'm clearly bored. haha


So, when we finally arrived at Karuizawa seminar house, we were assigned with roomates (they draw lots so that you can share a room with a Japanese student) and my roomate is Koike Yuri, who happened to sit next to me during the draw! haha!
Yuri's on d left. She's cool! I literally look up on her.


Yuri's English is very good, you know. Since she spent a semester in Minnesota learning English. So I can't barely speak Japanese with her (because OBVIOUSLY I felt better speaking with her in English).
So then we ate dinner (awesome salmon dinner).  I rarely ate salmons. Salmon is waaaaaaaaaay too pricey in Malaysia.
AWESOMENESS!! *plus its halal*


I wished to go to the convenience store for a quick Calpis recharge but William and Long's catchphrase game was to tempting so I abandon the whole idea of going to the 7E. By the way, it's 25 minutes by foot. I know. D heck??
I found Calpis in the vending machine though! yay! 
The American guys are pretty innovative! I mean, they create their very own version of charade with few torn papers and whiteboard markers. And I have fun.


After a quick shower I just went to my bunk bed and everything was in darkness before my alarm clock screamed to wake me up for Subuh prayers.


So, the 2nd day is better. It's AMAZING.
Our first journey: Shiraito no Taki.
Pretty. It's not our usual typical-Malaysian-11-feet-high-long-whatever waterfall. After some serious camwhoring there, we went for a quick hiking nearby.


Yes. I climbed those. I had climbed the Great Wall before! No sweat! (sumpah berlagak takbleh blah hahaha)


Well, Kevin's fitness is definitely better than most of us in hiking. He's like, sprinting when everyone's stopped to catch a breather.  Kevin is a human Roadrunner. No joke.
Then, upon descending, I discovered some Iwana (Ikan bakar ok, bukan name penyanyi Irama Malaysia ke hape) which tasted soooooo goood!


Terima kasih, pakcik. Ikan sedap!


and of course, more vending machines.
Kamen-Rider drink! It's Kamen-Cider!


After that, continuation journey to: Soba-ya.
I found amazing solace in this restaurant.  Mostly because of the fact that it is a RESTAURANT.haha.
the interior of d restaurant, n d place where the demo's suppose to be happening.


I got bored waiting then, so I tailed along Yuna, Yukino, Yuri, Hanna n Kevin to d waterfalls near d restaurant.
Yes. they have waterfalls.

Found William n Long meditating. haha


We spent around 20 minutes in the woods and coming back to d restaurant, everything is served.
Sobaaaaa!!!


We went to Onioshidashien with soba-ful bellies.
Beautifull!!!!!
The kids even squinted their eyes. 


after that, we're having a quick stop at the onsen which I spent the entire time slurping on caramel pudding instead of joining the nakedness. Uh-oh. No way.
I like to keep private things to myself.


We went back to d Seminar house and dinner and somemore card game. And again, I slept at 11.30 after watching Miura Haruma's Oshareism and spent the whole 30-minutes of d show yapping n kyaa-ing with Du Yuan, Rie, Rei, Rika, Mikako n Kataoka-san. Yup. Kataoka-san. hahaha. 


Karuizawa is a nice place! (minus the fact that it's sweltering hot in the night--all thanks to the global warming and no A/C in d room. hmph!) but overall, i enjoy my trip tremendously.


Fieldtrips! Fieldtrips!

Comments

Pana Sensei said…
Miura Haruma's Oshareism--> tell me what is this about!!!???

You said it was hot?
I was freezing cold and I don't like the pillow. It hurt my head..and did you see the mirror? Are they psychologically make the Japanese believe that they are skinny when they look at the skinny mirror?
amal X icchan said…
huahua..Oshareism laa..itu tv show.maybe this would help:
http://www.veoh.com/collection/Matsujun/watch/v428670ycBj7Ype

It was hot. Not cold AT ALL. diorg beriye2 suruh bawak baju tebal skit...tapi things ended to be extra hot that time. Kataoka-san said it's probably because of global warming (I know, pretty lame reason) but that's the only reason that I can digest in. haha

Popular Posts